July 21, 2013

Calenders

There was a time, I was obsessed by calender. Every end of the year, I would look for a handy and empty calender for the coming year. I like to write on the empty page, create my schedule and time table, use different colour pens to write on. And also there was this time that to get a new calender is a MUST for a student. I still remember the best calender I had was from Muji, for several years I used that. The texture of the paper and the size was so my cup of tea. I never chose weekly or daily calender, I like the monthly view specially, because I felt like it can give me a macro view of TIME (or life?)

There was the era of Smart phone, everyone syn their Google calender/i Calendar/outlook to the phone. Me too, there was this time, I had over then 4 calenders overlapping, Meeting, teaching, showing, running here to there. Every change of the schedule, no need to erase, what to do is only copy and paste, drag the box and move it. But I still like the hand writing calender somehow.

And there IS the time, I have no plan at all, only today, now, this moment. I leave all the calenders outside the door. what I need to remember or plan, it happen when it should happen.

However, today, I brought this new calender. For some reasons, it catch my eyes, it is a monthly view, empty boxes, handy, and very cheap, haha.

This afternoon, have a chat with a friend (through my broken Korean and her broken English), talking about some community programmes, we exchange ideas, talk about the education programmes, the students... people concern about the result more than process. And she ask me "do you think we can change the people?"  I said, " I don't know". She is so tiring at work on this aspect. It recall me that was the time, I also asking myself, it is so tiring, what shall I do? can I change the system, can I bring in some inspiration to students?

A second, PK and Mdm Goh came up my mind. As well, comrade in HK, striving for the future of HK.
"Yes, we can," I said, it need times, 20? 30? 45? 50? years.....

I realized,  I never think of change people, I myself always changing....but the obsessive of a handy hand writing calender never change.  I still passionate of what I believe and what I love, the art and human. 

What should happen it Will happen.

"Make the most of the time you have"

It cost only 2500won, HK$17.2, S$2.8 

No comments: